Saturday, November 16, 2013

Vegan Peppermint Mocha for One

The next time I'm in an organized group activity and am asked *groan* what my superpower would be, I will finally have an answer: I wish I had powers to make lattes magically appear bedside without ever having to shower or find the car keys on what should be a lazy Saturday.

Enter this beauty I discovered at Whole Foods this morning (which, by the way, is on sale for $2.00 this week and there's a $1.00 coupon on the box, so this box of dairy-free deliciousness could be yours for $1!)


Once home I immediately used it to whip together a delicious cup of joe that scratches my Peppermint Mocha craving. I love a good Peppermint Mocha as much as the next gal, but my problem is often that they are so darn rich between the chocolate sauce and the peppermint syrup and the whipped cream, there's rarely a time of day where I can drink one and not feel like I need to take a nap despite multiple espresso shots.



This guy, on the other hand, I mixed just to my preferences, meaning it tastes strongly of coffee and is none too sweet.  The Chocolate Peppermint Stick is pretty sweet on its own so I actually cut it with some plain soymilk but if you like your coffee pretty sweet there's no need to do that. Most importantly, it comes together in the time it takes to make a cup of tea.

Vegan Peppermint Mocha for One

  • 1/2 cup Chocolate Peppermint Stick soymilk (I used West Soy brand)
  • 1 cup plain soymilk
  • 1 serving instant coffee (I used Starbucks VIA)
  1.  Combine the two soymilks in a microwaveable-safe mug. Heat until warm but not boiling; I used the "beverage reheat" function on my microwave. Otherwise I would have heated it about 90 seconds.
  2. Add the instant coffee and stir well to combine. I find a fork works better than a spoon here.
  3.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment